Membership Joining Us
Narrabeen Swimming Club (NBSC) Membership season runs from 1st October to 30th September each year.
Firstly, you must be registered on Swim Central prior to purchasing a Club membership.
To register, visit Swim Central >
Full instructions for Swim Central memberships can be found here:
• Swim Central Member Resources: Click Here >
• How to purchase a Swim Central Membership: Click Here >
When registering on Swim Central, all swimmers under the age of 18 years must be linked to a family group which must include an adult member over the age of 18 as the primary member. Swim Central requires the primary family member to unlock the account prior to purchasing any items, including races and memberships.
Additionally, it is a requirement of the Club that all swimmers under the age of 18 years have a non-swimmer adult member within their family at all times. Non-swimmer members will also be required to provide volunteer assistance at Meets and other Club organised events from time to time. Non-swimmer membership ensures that all participants are fully covered by comprehensive injury insurance cover provided by Swimming NSW.
NBSC provides swimmers and their families the opportunity to embrace a club which is setting the standard for
innovation and personal development. We are focused towards the development and preservation of our strong ‘club
Benefits of membership include:
- Swimmer focused, coach driven and parent supported philosophy
- Technical, emotional and financial
support to developing and elite swimmers alike
- World class, innovative coaching methods and training
- Family friendly and community responsible club activities
- Workshop and camp opportunities
for all levels of swimmers
- Fully supervised competitive/educational trips to out of town locations
Regular educational and informational meetings for parents and swimmers
- Regular communication through
newsletters and website
- International study scholarship opportunities
- Complete gear packages for
national level swimmers
- Financial support initiatives for families of swimmers competing in metropolitan,
state and national championship meets
Fees are set each year prior to 1 October for the upcoming season. Fees include all relevant costs for association, membership and insurance cover to the following organisations:
Active Kids vouchers can be redeemed against coaching fees only, but not against Club membership fees. For details contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Fee schedule for 2021/2022 season
Membership Category SAL SNSW SMNE NBSC Total
Club Swimmer $18 $44 $3 $75 $140^
Full Swimmer $30 $46 $3 $121 $200^
Dry Supporter nil $22.50 nil $7.50 $30^
Second Claim Swimmer* nil nil nil $35 $35^
Recreational Swimmer $9 $35 $3 $13 $60^
Life Member nil nil nil nil nil
^ Plus 1.5% credit card surcharge applied by Swimming NSW.
* Second Claim membership is open to former members of NBSC only. Entry to second claim membership is determined at the discretion of the Board.
Family discount – 3 person discount
NBSC offers a 20% discount for two or more summers plus dry supporter (or a recreational swimmer parent).
- To receive the family discount products must be purchased together in one transaction.
- Only one Dry Supporter (principal) can be included in the transaction for the discount. Any additional Dry Supporter parents/carers should be on a separate account.
NBSC fees may be subject to pro-rata adjustment throughout the year.
NBSC Membership Inclusions
The Club, through its not-for-profit status and other activities, including fundraising, provides a range of benefits to its members, including:
- Assistance to swimmers competing at selected interstate and international events
• Camps and other organised group activities during the season
- A range of presentations such as motivational talks and other sporting related topics by appropriately qualified professionals
- Social events
- Comprehensive insurance cover is available to all members during any Club organised activities
- A Narrabeen Swimming Club racing cap for all new members.
The coaching staff and parent support group provides outstanding encouragement and assistance for members at all levels. A significant part of this is the education of parents and their important role in their swimmer’s development and progress.
As is the case in most community organisations, families are expected to participate in the running of carnivals in which their children are swimming and in club fundraising activities. This not only shares the club responsibilities among everyone involved, but also helps to create an atmosphere of social interaction, which has been a cornerstone of the club’s success over the years. Parental participation provides an excellent example for children.
Communication is the key to successfully helping families become part of the excitement and success of the NBSC, and this is achieved through the website, email, newsletter and coach and parent verbal communication and encouragement.